Goals For Class on Wednesday
The front entrance of the College Football Hall of Fame Museum speaks and expels a level of uniqueness and amazement. I remember from my 15 minute walk to the location, the sudden “wow!” I exclaimed as the building first came into view. It not only looked architecturally stunning with its unique modern design it also had brought the whole area to life. The building was about 4 stories tall but when I went to visit around 2 pm the sun was shining right above the building illuminating the street and surrounding buildings.
I also enjoyed seeing people walking around wearing football jerseys even if some were NFL, not college football team jerseys. these jerseys also brought up trauma I retained after this years super bowl after my home state Georgia’s Atlanta Falcons finally entered the finals and choked with over a 20 point lead to the New England Patriots. I’m not a huge fan of college football but I appreciate the sport a lot and watch a game here and there, so there may be a slight exaggeration to how stunning the building maybe to others. The weather also felt very refreshing on this day with clear skies, bright sun but no glaring heat, it was a perfect day to visit. When I monitored and observed the front entrance and began marking details interesting things happened, I witnessed a car collision, 3 charter buses taking in a lot of people wearing matching yellow shirts and people tripping. The ticket booth close up look like nothing special but the scenery around it and how it was built into the football itself I found to be pretty cool. Overall while listening to music I thoroughly enjoyed myself just watching people get there tickets and head inside. It was relaxing.
College Football Hall of Fame Building
The College Football Hall of Fame is located in front of the intersection between Park Ave West NW and Marietta St. In front of these streets lies the entrance and front building of the museum. The surrounding area smelled of industrial fumes from car exhaust to concrete and new plastic. Noise level was filled with car horns, engine pistons rotating and pedestrians walking; the clanking noise created from hard bottom shoes hitting concrete sidewalks. This new building opened in August 2014 (College Football Hall of Fame). It opened with the help of Coca Cola, AT&T, KIA, and Chick Fil A as founding partners. It currently draws numerous people from around the US to visit (Atlanta Fan Attraction).
The left wing of the building is shaped as a football in kick off position where the pointed ends face upwards towards the sky. The pointed ends of the egg shaped building are also cut off horizontally. This section of the building is covered with brown flat water resistant panels. Each Panel is 6 Feet tall and is slightly curved in order to create the scale of a giant football. The words “College Football Hall of Fame” is written on the upper section of the wing in white, balanced by 5 beams that interconnect to hold the letters up. Below these letters a square extensions extends from the building with 4 glass panels built in that allow sunlight to pass through.
Atlanta Fan Attraction. (n.d.). Retrieved February 13, 2017, from http://www.cfbhall.com/
College Football Hall of Fame. (2017, February 19). Retrieved February 13, 2017, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Hall_of_Fame
1. What are the posts doing?
It vividly describes the scenery and individual items normally seen in a restaurant but allows the reader to visualize specific descriptions through its large amount of detail.
2. What is the message of each post?
This message in this one is to create a visual representation of a purely written description of a restaurant and allow readers to feel as if they could see and feel the restaurant.
3. Who is the intended audience? How do you know?
Sociologists, Anthropologists, People who are doing research into the descriptive settings of settings, this being the Varsity restaurant. It goes into great length going into individually focused items located throughout the restaurant with vivid detail.
4. How might the information be useful? To Whom? Why?
People who are doing research throughout the Varsity will appreciate the detail and descriptive features mentioned from pepper shakers, to napkins.
5. How does the author establish credibility?(ethos)
The author has been to the restaurant showing he has taken his own photos spent time gathering a large amount of objective data.
6. What could be changed to improve the effectiveness of each post?
For this specific article, a large more broad description on the setting, describing spacing and spacial awareness.
Link to the Article addressed: http://sites.gsu.edu/mmolini1/2016/10/02/the-varsity-a-deconstruction-visual/
1. They are substantially different with Summary A being only one long intricate sentence that does not add substance to the story. The summary acts more as a theme then a summary addressing very little where the citation is almost as large as the text. Summary B has far more substance with a beginning plot summary focusing on broad details in the text. It is far more subjective because of this substance where the author through his use of examples and choppy writing style personify his opinion over the text. The summary itself goes off topic to an extent focusing on the wrong aspects of the paper for too long but overall with its flaws in mind is far better then the lack luster substance of Summary A.
2. Many People from College Students to those interested in the Deetz and Cromely case studies would find summary A almost entirely unusable rather coming out more confused with its vague word choice and brief explanation. While summary B would be far more tangible and allow for greater understanding of the test but does stray off topic and only relates the main point vaguely at the end, which may misdirect the reader.
3. and 4. Summary A could focus on expanding the actual content of its summary by making it longer then a single sentence. Also changing the structure and length of its sentences so as to not bore the reader or dull them. They also could provide examples and chronologically explain the flow of the text with a few main points.
Summary B could work on the flow of its writing style by not making it a brief topic of each few paragraphs in the article. These short summary sentences cause the summary to feel choppy and not well constructed. Also it focuses entirely too much on the background information and doesn’t address the main topic of the primary and secondary research and the process of gathering this new information. The last sentence does address archaeology but is far too general only addressing the importance of archaeology and not the technique or process that was used in gathering the evidence and new information addressed in the article.
Summaries can be found on this page, In the PowerPoint section for For Wednesday February 8th 2017. (Slide 3 and 4).